Our Blog

I pay ad valorem (property) taxes on my oil and gas interest each year – how is this handled if I sell my interests to you? | Russell T. Rudy Energy LLC

Depending upon the amount of taxes levied on your interest and the date your transaction is effective (property taxes are paid on a calendar year basis in nearly all oil/gas producing states), the tax is prorated between you and Russell T. Rudy Energy, L.L.C. However this issue is negotiable and we often include the payment of “your share” of the property taxes in our offer.

July 31, 2008 | FAQ